The Optometry Board of Australia has developed policies, codes and guidelines to provide guidance to the profession. These also help to clarify our views and expectations on a range of issues.
Codes and Guidelines
- Optometry Guidelines for use of scheduled medicines (322 KB,PDF), Word version (434 KB,DOC)
- Optometry Code of Conduct (334 KB,PDF)
- Optometry Guidelines for mandatory notifications (420 KB,PDF)
- Optometry Guidelines on continuing professional development for endorsed and non-endorsed optometrists (315 KB,PDF)
- Optometry Guideline on professional indemnity insurance (336 KB,PDF)
- Optometry Guidelines on the prescription of ocular appliances (289 KB,PDF)
- Optometry Guidelines for advertising of regulated health services (456 KB,PDF)
- Optometry Supervision guidelines for optometrists (383 KB,PDF):
Fact Sheets and FAQ
Fact sheets and Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.